About This Wine
Often controversially described as Italy's most popular red grape, Barbera makes some of the most expressive and energetic, yet easy-drinking, red wines. Barbera's spiritual home is the Piemonte region, North West Italy, in the shadow of the Alps. The cooler temperatures keep the grapes fresh and packed full of bright, crisp red and purple fruit flavours, whilst all that mountain sunshine ensures they develop plenty of intensity to boot.
- Explosive flavours of black & sour cherry and bursting with the fresh acidity of young blackberries and currants. Lifted with hints of purple flowers and bittersweet coffee beans.
- Lovingly produced by Franco Roero in the Monferrato Hills.
- This red tastes amazing with tapenade on chorizo, mushroom & aubergine linguine or Paniscia (vegetable stew).
- Each box is 2.25 litres and contains the equivalent of 3x750ml bottles.
- Equivalent to £8.66 a bottle.
- Bag-in-box wine stays fresh for 6 weeks after opening.
- Drinking wine from a box produces 10x less CO₂ compared to single-use glass bottles so is a sustainable option for all wine lovers.
- Learn more about the climate footprint of this box of wine with CarbonCloud here.